Yes, I thought it was a movie too. That shows home much of a “not-a-cook” I really am, right? Well here is another recipe from my class at Cook that proved to me it was first a chunky type of soup not the name of a rat.
Check out my others ones here.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, small diced
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, medium diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, medium diced
- 1/2 cup eggplant, medium diced
- 1/2 cup plum tomato, medium diced
- 1 cup chicken stock (or for my fellow vegetarians try VegeBase)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat a medium saucepan to a medium high heat.
Add the oil to the pan and then onion and garlic.
Saute for 2-3 minutes until onion becomes translucent.
Add the yellow squash and zucchini, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Saute for 2-3 minutes and then add the eggplant and tomato.
Saute another 2-3 minutes then add the stock.
Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
Add the basil, check seasoning and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
Serve it warm.